Thursday, November 5, 2009

Realizations and Reasons

So I have come to realize lately that there are certain realizations that I have in my daily life as a mom that I never even begun to grasp as a single woman. Additionally there are realizations as a second time mom in my thirties rather than twenties that I have had. So having had these epiphanies as they were I thought I might share one or two each week or so with you all....maybe you can relate or maybe it will help you with dealing with your realities. But with each realization I also will add a reason, not for the realization but for why being a mom is the best job I could've ever been hired for.

Realization #1


No matter how much bug spray you put on your kids the mosquitos will always get them in the one place you couldn't spray and you will always feel guilty about it so just accept the guilt and try to ease the itching as much as possible. And remember Meloderma.





Realization #2

No matter how much you warn your 11 year that their gonna get burned if they don't put on more sunscreen it will always take that first horrible sunburn ( that scarred her gorgeous shoulders) before she decides that she needs SPF 75 on before she goes out and exposes her lily white skin.





Reason #1

You will never hear "I love you" sound better than when your 2 year old says it clearly for the first time and smiles her beautiful crooked smile at you. That memory will get you through more frustration and teen age bull headedness than you ever thought possible.



Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment